You have no items in your shopping cart.
AVAILABLE NOW & READY TO BE SHIPPED.
We love Ghee and those who avoid lactose, or who are vegetarian or following Paleo diets will love it too! Made from 100% organic unsalted butter from Australian and New Zealand Grass Fed Cows. Ghee can be used to replace regular cooking oil and butter. What's more, Ghee doesn't need to be refrigerated. It doesn't spoil easily and is shelf stable.
Ghee is made from butter that has been clarified to remove all the milk solids and moisture. This careful process turns the butter into a pure, golden cooking oil with many nutritional benefits and medicinal qualities. The removal of the milk solids enables ghee to be shelf stable and not require refrigeration.
Benefits of Ghee:
- Rich in Omega 3 & 9 essential fatty acids and in Vitamins, A D, E and K
- Rich in CLA - (Conjugated Linoleic Acid) an antioxidant with anti-cancer properties according to nutritionists. Made from Organic butter of grass fed cows is one of the highest natural sources of CLA.
- Helps maintain a Healthy Digestive Tract - research shows that people with unhealthy digestive tracts do not produce butyric acid. Ghee (unlike other oils) is rich in butyric acid, a short chain fatty acid. Beneficial intestinal bacteria also convert fiber into butyric acid and then use that for energy and intestinal wall support.
- Helps promote a Healthy Immune System - research shows that adequate production of butyric acid supports the production of cancer fighting cells in the gut. Ghee can supercharge your immune system!
- A natural Anti-Inflammatory - also due to its high butyric acid properties and therefore a possible preventative of cancer that is due to underlying chronic inflammation. Butyric acid has been shown, in recent research, to actually decrease inflammation in parts of the body, particularly in the gastrointestinal tract, and is now a recommended dietary addition for some people with ulcerative colitis and crohn’s disease.
- Dairy allergy free – even though Ghee is made from butter, the milk solids and impurities have been removed so most people who are lactose or casein intolerant have no issue with ghee. A buttery flavor is maintained without the allergies. Ghee is suitable for a vegetarian and Paleo diets.
- Brings out flavor and nutritional benefits in foods - Ghee brings out flavour and especially with herbs & spices. Many of the medicinal properties of spices can be absorbed, and carried to targeted areas of the body with ghee. Many herbal preparations use ghee as the carrier oil because of these characteristics.
- A healthy oil for cooking - has a very high burning (smoke) point (250°C / 480°F) and does not become toxic at high temperatures like many other oils. Making it perfect for frying, sauteing , baking, roasting or use as a healthy spread.
- Does not need refrigeration. It does not spoil easily and is shelf stable. Perfect for frying, sautéing, baking roasting or use as a healthy spread.
Sol Ghee is hand made according to traditional Ayurvedic methods – Made from 100% Certified Organic Unsalted Butter from Australian and New Zealand Grass Fed Cows. Australian butter sourced from Paris Creek B.D. Farms located in South Australia.
Non GMO, totally natural free from additives, colours, preservatives.
In India, Ghee has always been a sacred and celebrated symbol of nourishment, healing and auspiciousness; especially in the daily rituals of worship and cooking. Ayurveda, the ‘science of life’ in India, recognizes Ghee as an essential part of a balanced diet, and considers it to be the best fat one can eat.
Ingredients: Certified Organic Unsalted Butter. Packed in a glass jar.
Orders placed by 9PM are delivered the following business day to suburbs in Sydney, excluding pre-order only items.
If you live in the Northern Beaches, Hornsby Shire Council and Forest District regions, we deliver to you every Monday and Wednesday and Fridays.
Free or Flat Rate Shipping within Greater Sydney.
- Flat delivery rate of $12.95 for orders between $75-$124.99.
- FREE delivery for orders over $125.00.
- Minimum order spend is $75.
Delivery Within Australia
We deliver to all regions within Australia via a third party courier service.
We only deliver grocery items excluding fresh produce and products which require refrigeration to suburbs outside of Sydney, NSW.
- Flat delivery rate of $20 for orders up to 5kg
- FREE delivery for orders over $400.
Pre-Order Cut-Off Times
Dairy, items are predominately pre-order only, unless specified otherwise.
We deliver dairy and pre-orders every Monday.
Cut-off times are as follows:
Orders must be placed by Wednesday 12.00pm for delivery on Monday.
If you have a combination of pre-order and in stock items in your cart, your entire order will be delivered together. Please be mindful of this before proceeding to checkout. To prevent a delay in your delivery, we recommend placing two orders - one for pre-order items, and one for in-stock items.
We currently deliver on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays Sydney-wide.
The cut-off order time for delivery the next business day is 9.00PM.
If there are any special instructions for your delivery, please add that message to your order comments section at checkout.
We may reasonably substitute produce if what you have ordered is unavailable. Please write 'no subs' in the notes section at checkout if you would prefer a refund or store credit.
The Original Organic Company is not responsible for any packages after they have been delivered to the specified address.
Please ensure all of your details are correct and up to date prior to making an order. We take no responsibility for any incorrect information provided by you to us. In the instance that you have provided us with any incorrect information, specifically an incorrect posting address, please contact us immediately to ensure your order has not been dispatched for delivery. We do not accept any responsibility for delivering your order with an incorrect address if you do not contact us prior to your order being dispatched.
We are unable to deliver to P.O. Boxes. Please supply a residential or business address.
Ice Pack Box Fee
We charge an ice pack box fee for all items which require refrigeration or are frozen.
If you return your ice-pack and the insulated freezer bag that your cold/frozen goods arrived in on the day of your next delivery, this charge will be credited back to your account by way of store credit and provided the ice-pack and insulated bag are undamaged.
We cannot accept returns or exchanges on any food products. If an item was missing from your order but still on your invoice, or damaged during transport you can request a refund by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read all product descriptions carefully. We do not offer refunds if you misread a product description.
Items advertised in our set boxes are not permanent and vary each week according to seasonal availability as per the product descriptions. We cannot offer any refunds on this basis.